Thursday, June 7, 2012

Creamy Nonfat Chocolate Ice Cream

I saw this recipe on Pintrest and decided to give it a try to satisfy my chocolate cream craving and to use some of the frozen bananas in our fridge.

Ingredients
3-4 frozen bananas
1 TBS coco powder
Possible Add-ins 
Carmel
Nuts
Chocolate chunks
Sprinkles
Hot sauce
Granola
Fruit
Bananas (just kidding)


Directions
1. Chop bananas in to 1/2" pieces and put in blender (you may want to cut them before you freeze them. I didn't have a problem cutting and blending them frozen but the person who I got the recipe from did).
2. Blend (you will have to stir the larger chunks to the bottom at times).
3. Add coco powder and blend.
4. Serve as soft serve ice cream or put it back in the freezer for a bit if you'd like it harder (for ice cream cones).

My bananas were pretty brown when I froze them so there was a definite banana taste. I'm wondering if the bananas were greener it was have a more neutral flavor. Add ins would also be great to tone down the banana flavor. Next I think I am going to try freezing a mango and adding it to the blending process to get a fruity flavor. Good luck if you try this recipe and let me know if you find any really great add-ins or uses for this recipe!


1 comment: